The SD70ACe is the latest in the line of EMD's "70" locomotives, an evolution of the SD70MAC, although its radiator design harkens more to that of the SD80/90 body. The SD70ACe has been designed to fit the latest EPA standards and regulations, and sports 4300 horsepower.
The popular N scale SD70Ace with “Nose Headlights” is returning with a new roadname - “Montana Rail Link”.
Montana Rail Link (MRL) is a Class II regional railroad that operates over 900 route miles of track in Montana and Idaho, and works closely with BNSF Railway. For the BNSF modelers, the MRL’s rich deep blue locomotives will be a perfect addition for more variety in operations.
- Three unique body styles to match the railroads who use them.
- Prototype-accurate bolsterless non-radial HTSC truck and five chime airhorn
- Exceptional and crisp molding to accentuate the distinct angular lines of the nose and high dynamic brake
- Powerful five-pole KATO motor with dual brass flywheels
- Directional Headlight and illuminated, preprinted numberboards
- Illuminated ditch lights
- Kato magnetic knuckle coupler
- ESU Loksound 5 DCC Factory fitted.