It's not easy being Green.
Let's face it, non-essential models made of plastic, shipped from the other side of the world aren't the most environmentally friendly things on which to spend your discretionary income.
However, Train Trax UK and Model Railway Magic Ltd are committed to making the best of this in the following ways:
- We contribute 1% of revenue through our preferred payment provider Stripe, to the Stripe 'Climate' carbon-removal programme. You can find out more here.
- Our websites are powered by 100% renewable energy, and our web hosting provider is equally committed to other ways of being 'green'.
- Wherever possible, recycled packaging will be used. In some cases this might be second use of our suppliers boxes, but more normally will be carefully sourced boxes, tape and padded envelopes made from recycled materials. Where we buy packaging, we also look for products which can in turn be easily recycled by customers at home.
- All paper used for invoices, flyers, business cards and general office use is recycled.
- Model Railway Magic operates a model recycling program, offering to purchase models of any scale or manufacturer that are no longer required, and will work hard to find new owners for all items. Virtually nothing is thrown away.
- We love trains! We prefer to travel by train whenever possible, and see our interest in modelling as a general promotion of train travel. In terms of CO2, Train virtually always comes out better than plane, often by a lot. A journey from London to Madrid would emit 43kg (95lb) of CO2 per passenger by train, but 118kg by plane (or 265kg if the non-CO2 emissions are included), as quoted by the BBC.
Do you have any ideas for how we could do better? Please do get in touch