The ED76 0 series is an AC electric locomotive of JNR that was born in 1965. Based on the famous ED75 AC locomotive, the body length was increased to carry a steam generator (commonly known as SG) for heating passenger cars, and a non-powered intermediate bogie is provided to accommodate the increased weight of the SG due to the water and fuel loading, and it features a large body that is comparable to the F-type despite being a D-type. By adjusting the air spring pressure of the intermediate bogie, it is possible to enter a line section with a low track standard, and 94 cars are active as a dedicated machine for Kyushu in the 0 series, freight trains and ordinary passenger trains along with the electrification extension. It was active all over Kyushu. -The 36 cars that were taken over by JR Kyushu even after the privatization of the National Railways belonged to the Oita Operation Center and were active in towing passenger trains such as blue trains, as well as towing freight trains.
Kyushu's AC electric locomotive, ED76 0 late type, which is active in freight transportation, was commercialized with JR Freight specifications. From 1995, due to renewal work, a white belt was added to the side and the crew room door was replaced with stainless steel. You can also see silver vehicles with unpainted doors. In addition, it features a body without a side inspection lid, and a form without a chimney and wind plate due to the removal of SG.
- ED76 0 late type JR Freight Renewal Vehicle /
- Prototype has a roof with chimneys and wind plates removed due to the removal of the SG
- 81 and 83 belonging to the JR Freight Moji engine depot around 2005-2016.
- Red No. 2 body has a white belt on the side, a silver crew room door, and an appearance without a side inspection lid
- Reproduced complicated roof wiring peculiar to the AC machine
- Smooth with the adoption of a slotless motor achieving quiet running
- Arnold coupler standard equipment.
-Replacement knuckle coupler included
-Headlight lighting (light bulb color LED adopted)
-Selectable license plate "81" "83" "55" "59" included
・Accessories: Selectable number plate front/side, maker's plate, replacement knuckle coupler